What is an EAP?
Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP) are confidential helplines that help smooth out personal and work-related problems. 85% of adults experience stress often, and a third feel under stress for a full day per week. An EAP reduces stress, boosts wellbeing, and encourages a happier, healthier workforce.
Health Assured's EAP is the most comprehensive on the market today. We use tried and trusted techniques along with technology to provide 24/7, 365 support. Telephone, face-to-face and online counselling provide a support network
Why should an organisation have an EAP in place?
An EAP eases the lives of your employees. Mental and physical wellbeing, financial stress, relationship issues and bereavements affect us all.
With a good EAP in place, you provide help with the challenges your people face. And when employees are less stressed, your productivity improves.
Health Assured's EAP can:
- Reduce mental health-related sickness and absence by as much as 45%
- Reduce staff turnover by as much as 18%
- Boost productivity by as much as 8%
- Reduce costs and expenses by as much as 30%
What does Health Assured's EAP offer?
We focus on improving your people's wellbeing. With our EAP, they can rely on the following:
- The Health e-Hub app and online portal: a comprehensive library helping your staff cope with life's challenges. This is accessible 24/7, 365 online and via smartphone—we have free apps for iOS and Android.
- 24-hour helpline: share a problem with someone who will listen with care, and receive real, useful advice.
- Telephone counselling: work through problems with a therapist accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Face-to-face counselling: speak with a local counsellor in a private and confidential setting.
We offer a range of services to employers:
- Critical incident stress management
- Occupational health services
- On-site workshops
- Mental health first aid training
- Whistleblowing support
Who answers my calls, and where are they based?
We answer all calls in our UK-based service centre. This is open 24/7, 365, staffed by BACP-qualified counsellors.
We never transfer calls abroad, rely on answering machines or use a separate triage team. We pride ourselves on being always available.
Is the service confidential?
All calls are confidential. We adhere to the strictest standards of data protection—we're ISO/IEC27001 accredited—and our counsellors follow BACP guidelines.
How many times can the service be accessed?
You and your staff have unlimited access to our 24/7, 365 confidential helpline, app, and our online portal.
Where does the counselling take place?
We deliver telephone counselling via our in-house team of BACP-qualified counsellors and advisors. These sessions last an hour each, and provide short-term models of support. These are designed to identify and solve issues within six sessions.
We boast a network of qualified counsellors across the UK and Ireland. We will find the closest counsellor for your referral.
We offer counselling via secure VoIP and video link, as well as email and live text chat.
Do you provide usage data?
We provide consolidated and anonymised usage data in a quarterly management report. You'll be able to see how your employees benefit from our EAP, without breaching their confidentiality.
Is there support for managers?
Health Assured provide workshops and guides for managers. These give an understanding of the EAP, its benefits, and how to access them. Managers also learn how to better support employees, and refer them to Health Assured's service when needed.
Can you offer support to those who struggle with English?
For those whose first language is not English, we offer a translation option. Counsellors use qualified interpreters to give advice and support in over 200 languages.
Is my data safe with Health Assured?
We are proud to be ISO/IEC27001 accredited. We store and retrieve your data with the strictest confidentiality in place.
Can family members access the service?
Access is available to dependents in line with HMRC guidelines for welfare counselling.